The objects of the Siberian Husky Club of Victoria Inc. are:
- TO aﬃliate with the Victorian Canine Association and be an incorporated body;
- TO promote and encourage the breeding of pure bred dogs;
- TO promote and raise the standards and exhibition of registered pure bred dogs;
- TO promote the holding of Exhibitions under the V.C.A. Rules and Regulations and to conduct Exhibitions and/or to promote Obedience Training and to provide opportunities for harness work of the Siberian Husky;
- TO foster, promote and protect the interest of exhibitors of dogs at exhibitions;
- TO collect, verify and publish information relating to dogs and the breeding and exhibition of dogs;
- TO educate and encourage Members, breeders and judges to abide by the requirements and standards approved by Dogs Victoria for the conduct of Exhibitions and Shows;
- TO promote good fellowship and sportsmanship amongst Members and those participating in or attending at Exhibitions and Shows;
- TO inform Members of and make known to them the Laws and Regulations of the state relating to the ownership and care of dogs, and the responsibility of owners for the conduct and action of their dogs;
- TO hold functions and lectures relating to dogs and the purposes of the Club generally;
- TO provide awards and donate prizes for competition at exhibitions and for the competition of breeders and exhibitors of dogs;
- TO foster relations with other Clubs and bodies having similar aims;
- TO invest the funds of the Club not immediately required in such manner as the Members or the committee in lieu thereof shall determine;
- TO promote and assist worthy causes, as agreed at a General Meeting of the Members of the Club;
- TO purchase, hire, lease etc. and do such things as are conductive or incidental to promoting and achieving the purposes of the Club;
- TO carry on such other activities or promote or encourage interest in the breeding, upkeep and training of and the general well-being and improvement of all dogs and to do all such other things as may be necessary or conductive to carrying out the objects of the Club.
All members are required to honour the Club’s code of ethics.
- I WILL display good sportsmanship at all canine activities and extend every courtesy to interested Members of the public.
- I WILL attempt to help novice exhibitors and breeders when requested.
- I WILL, through my breeding program, take every effort to control and eliminate any known inherited defect.
- I WILL always keep the breed standard clearly in mind when considering a breeding agreement and will only proceed if, in my opinion, the resultant litter will enhance the breed. If I refuse any mating I will fully explain my reasons to the other party.
- I WILL explain to all prospective Siberian Husky buyers the disadvantages as well as the advantages of the breed.
- I WILL NOT sell any puppies to pet shops or dog dealers or their agents and I will include in all stud contracts, to be signed by the owner of the bitch, that no puppies resulting from the mating will be disposed of through these outlets.
- I WILL provide follow-up advice and assistance where requested to all persons purchasing a puppy from me.
- I WILL encourage all interested persons, particularly new Siberian Husky owners, to join the Siberian Husky Club of Victoria Inc.
- Conformation Point Score (pdf)
- Dog Listings (pdf)
- Internet & Social Media (pdf)
- Library (pdf)
- Life Membership and Awards (pdf)
- Members’ Use of Club Logo (pdf)
- Operation of Sub-committees (pdf)
- Pawprints (pdf)
- Pet Walks (pdf)
- Promotions and Publicity (pdf)
- Rescue and Rehoming (pdf)
- Sponsorship (pdf)
- Standing Orders for Conduct of a Meeting (pdf)
- Titles (pdf)
Policy Drafts for Discussion
- Social Sledding (RFC) (pdf)
Office Bearers 2021
President – Terry-O’Connor
Vice President – Jenny Campbell
Vice President – Courney Pearson
Treasurer – Annie Hill
Secretary – Amanda Becconsall
Show Secretary – Jodie Greene